Re: Unusual reading phenomenon

You have noticed spammers make use of this phenomena to avoid the filters?

bc

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Is this evidence justifying whole language.

bc, married to Gate Keeper Seese (Nancy), whole language teacher,

Carl Gaither wrote:

Hello to the group--

While working I came across this interesting little demonstration of
visual perception on a piece of paper stuck into a physics book. I am
wondering whether students are unable to read and understand mathematics
could be the result of this phenomenon.

Here is what I found on the paper.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a
wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed
it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I
awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

Just something to ponder.

Carl Gaither