Re: experimental latent heat of evaporation

Not knowing what the "d.c." means (in the context of my power supply),
and suspecting the worse, I used the oscilloscope. The amplitude of 60
Hz ripples, at my highest current (2.6 A and 115 V) was only 2 V. That
was good enough for me. I do not remember how the voltmeter was
connected. I did not pay attention because the heater resistance was
about 40 ohms. I assumed that the resistance of the ammeter is
negligible in comparison. But this has to be checked next time. My
highest electric power was 215 V * 2.6 A = 299 W (very intense
boiling); my lowest electric power was 61 W ( 1 A, 61 V and temperature
about 65 C). I naively expected that data collected at school will show
me how L depends on heating power. But I was surprised when
calculations were performed at home. Next time I will calculated L
after each experiment.
Ludwik Kowalski