Re: experimental latent heat of evaporation

On Tuesday, Sep 28, 2004, Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

My high school students were able to measure the latent heat of
vaporization of water to be 527 calories/gram. This is only a 2.4%
error from the standard 540 cal.g.

It was done in a covered, styrofoam cup partially filled with water.
Steam at 100 degrees C was added by a rubber hose from a
standard laboratory steam generator. . . .

Do you think that this good method can answer my question? I want to
know if L of boiling water is different from the L of water that
evaporates without boiling, for example at 80 C.
Ludwik Kowalski