Re: What are "principles" in science?

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu> writes:
Would Intelligent Design be considered
a theory, a law, or a principle?

In my mind, it is none of the above. It is a non-scientific conjecture, as
it is untestable.

Hewitt's book Conceptual Physics for high school spends some energy in
discussing some of this vocabulary and what it means to be "scientific".
It may not satisfy all readers but it strikes me as a useful start and
worth a reading assignment and short class discussion.

Ken Fox