Re: Electrical Wire Safety (Underground)

The first comment by the first person I met in the Physics Dept. was by
one of the mechanicians ~ I was a reverse brain drain. The second;
remember we have 240 V mains, be careful.

Here any bath outlets must be powered with ground fault interrupters. I
doubt a similar safety device can be designed for lamps, so an
insulated switch is an excellent idea.

bc, whose memory is dimming.

p.s. joke: upon observing the absence of panic bars on the exit doors (A
new building,) I said they were required in the US. He answered "Being
British we don't panic."

Matt Harding wrote:

Speaking of England, what's up with the pull cord light switches in t=
he
bathrooms? In my experience, the pull cord was always a natural fibe=
r,
never metal like you might find in the US. Is there a significantly
greater risk of shock in a British bathroom, or is this simply done f=
or
tradition's sake?
MJH

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made i=
n a
very narrow field."
=20
- Niels Bohr