Re: New Element

I to was pleasantly amused by Jim's post. Though I took it as less of a
parody of civil government and more as a parody of academic government
(since we are an educational list-serve). An older version of this that
been in circulation for 5-10 years referred to "administratium" rather than
"Governmentium". IMO the former flows off the tongue more naturally.

Joel

Jim - Very amusing. But if (big) government is as
totally incompetent as you claim, then how do you
explain that fact that the overhead burden of the US
Medicare system is well under 5% while that of our
private medical insurance industry is on the order of
40%?