Newly expanded student lab testing program

Dear Science Educators,

Please excuse any cross-posting.

Earlier, I announced that we were seeking teachers of
high school physical science or Earth science courses
who are interested in field testing lab activities
from a new physical science program with their
students. We are now expanding our activities to
include teachers of chemistry or physics, as well as
extracurricular groups such as Saturday Science
programs and school science clubs.

Teachers who participate in this project will be paid
for their contributions and will have their names
listed in the program credits.

Briefly, here is how the work will proceed:

Field testers will be sent copies of the student and
teacher pages for a chapter’s one or two lab
activities. The purpose of field testing the
activities is to see how they work as written. For
this reason, it is important to carry out the
activities as written, even if you have ways to
improve them. You will receive a form to complete and
return with your comments on how the activities went
and any suggestions you may have for improving them.

We’ll also need you to send us some typical student
papers from the activities (originals or copies; you
can remove the names if you wish). There are 26
chapters in the book; you may receive additional labs
after you've completed the first ones.

If you or someone you know would be interested in
participating in this project, please e-mail me at
sci_educ@yahoo.com as soon as possible. I will respond
with more information about the project.

In your e-mail message, please include the following
information:

1) Your name, daytime phone and fax numbers, mailing
address, and e-mail address.

2) A month-by-month list of the topics you expect to
cover during the remaining portion of this school
year, so we can send you the appropriate activities
for your curriculum.

Many thanks,

The Lab Editor
sci_educ@yahoo.com