Re: "Global warming is great," wrote space technologist Duncan St eelin the comment pages of The Guardian recently, ...

Certainly Westbrook's credentials pale when compared to those of Barbara
Streisand, Paul Newman, and a host of other learned authorites who are
constantly lecturing us on environmental issues :-)

My PhD is in atmospheric physics. Even though it was not my main focus, I did do
some "parameterization" of the effects of small cumulus (non-precipitating)
clouds for a global circulation model. I often saw my numbers, and other numbers
in the model as well, changed by an order of magnitude just to keep the model
from crashing - never mind making predictions. I'm sure things have improved
since I left the field, but I wouldn't bet any of my own money on any of the
current models.

Bob at PC

Jim Krider wrote:

My son wrote an article for the Houston Press where he interviews the people
that support global warming. One thing he learned is that none of them have
credentials that would make them an authority of global warming.

http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/2002-08-15/feature.html/1/index.html.

Jim Krider Laboratory Coordinator Senior
PIRT - Physics & Astronomy Instructional Resource Team
Arizona State University
P.O. Box 8751504 Tempe, AZ 85287-1504
480-965-8086 FAX 480-965-7954 james.krider@asu.edu

the comment pages of The Guardian recently, ...

http://www.zmag.org/sustainers/content/2003-01/18cromwell.cfm

If this doesn't work and you want to read more, squeak.

bc