Re: Ask Marilyn "geometry test"

This is a typical answer for someone who thinks that learning is
memorization rather than learning to think. Remember there are teachers
who
would mark the following question and answer wrong.
Q: What causes things to fall
A: The earth
Because they expect the word gravity, instead of the correct "thing".
I would give Mary a bonus or better yet praise her for inventiveness and

I agree with your suggestion to give Mary praise for her inventiveness but
not with your answer as to the question "What causes things to fall?" I may
give credit to an answer like the earth but I would hope for a better answer
like "I have no idea". I believe that is the answer Galileo gave.