Re: North Pole

John D.

I took a gander at the below URL. Nice drawings! I'm curious as to what
drawing package you use to produce the drawings.

Joel R.

2) OTOH if we move beyond mere talk to actually physically
_causing_ the precession, we would need a pretty hefty cause.
Precession involves adding angular momentum to something
that already has angular momentum.

http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/how/htm/motion.html#fig-angular-p
recession
The thing causing the precession doesn't need to accumulate

it over a half-cycle or so. So if it is going to cause
precession of the earth's spin, it will have to be bigger
than a breadbox.

This posting is the position of the writer, and I'm not too sure of that
either.