Re: nuclear power: abundant? and cheap?

The question to debate is no longer "Is the globe warming due to
human activity?" It is. Unanswered questions now include, "How warm will it
get?," "What are the ecological, environmental, economic, and political
consequences?", and "What can/should we do about it?"

I'm by no means an expert on the issue of climate change and have
spent very little time studying it. However, it just so happens that
I asked about the topic today when talking with a friend who is a
chemist. He said that the question of whether there is a global
climate change is not really strongly debated--in fact, he estimated
that 95% of chemists are in agreement on this. However, he said that
whether the global climate change is due to mankind (and if "yes",
how much?) is the the more hotly debated question.

Again, I'm completely ignorant about this. That's just what I heard
from a Chemist who keeps up with research on the topic as published
in Science and other journals.

AT