Re: radionuclide experiments on humans

Ludwik!

go to end for a direct answer.

[I heard this (breakfast food) on one of the extreme left radio
programs I
regularly listen to some time in the last two years. (It was in Nov. 1999)

"Some of the ethical problems abut this sort of
investigation that trouble us now never dawned
on us then. There wasn't much clinical
investigation as such in the early 1940s......
We never asked permission of those patients to
go through this procedure. We certainly never
explained it. We never told them, this isn't
going to help you one bit, but it may give us
a better understanding. No patient ever
refused to participate.14 {14. Kaufman SR The
Healer's Tale. Madison: University of Wisconsin
Press, 1993: 170.}"

from JD's reference.

******
"Dr. Mengele, a Doctor and an S.S. Officer, named "The Angel of Death of
Auschwitz", served there from 1943 until the liberation of Auschwitz in
January 1945. The connection between Dr. Mengele and the "Kaiser Wilhelm
Institute" is a fact. The connection involved necessarily people,
correspondence and documents. Obviously, Dr. Mengele was involved and
active in the Institute itself. The people working there could not be
mistaken about his activities. He corresponded with them in the language
of medicine, and this language aspires precision and realism.

Dr. Mengele was not outside of history, not outside of time,
and not outside of the networks that activate a society: organizations,
law, communications systems, archives and culture. Dr. Mengele was not
outside of Germany.
I would like to quote from an official Soviet report of
January 1945 saying: "In the camp of Auschwitz special hospitals were
set up, with operating histological laboratories and other institutions,
in which German professors and doctors performed extensive experiments
on absolutely healthy
people: men, women and children. Experiments were conducted in making
women sterile, castrating men, experiments on children, experiments in
infecting masses of people with the diseases of cancer, typhus, fever,
etc. In investigating the effects of various chemical compounds on
commissions from German commercial companies, on one occasion
representatives of the German chemical industry, the doctor and
gynecologist Grauber from Königshütte, and the chemist Goebbel,
purchased from the camp administration 150 women from among detainees
there for such experiments."
(End of Quotation.)

Ladies and gentlemen, to speak about Auschwitz is difficult
for me, but necessary for me. I am not a historian, not a philosopher,
not an author or an artist. I do not have ability to produce an new
discourse about Auschwitz, a discourse that would sweep away cliches
that have accumulated over the years, to the point where they have
dulled it and made it into a subject for philosophy or cinema, or a
discourse that would block metaphysical commentaries, such as that
Auschwitz was all together outside of this planet etc. It was inside our
planet and a part of it, perpetrated by human beings against the lives
of other human beings. It was here, amongst us. There is no guarantee
that it will not return again."

http://www.mpg.de/reden/2001/biosymposium/laks_e.htm

bc

'The Plutonium Files - Eileen Welsome
November 18, 1999 - Request Audio
On today's program, an in-depth interview with the Pulitzer
Prize-winning author of "The Plutonium Files." You'll hear about secret,
deadly medical experiments performed on innocent citizens without their knowledge.

http://www.flashpoints.net/AudioArchivesNovember99.html

"Researchers lured children at the Fernald State School in Massachusetts
into a "science club," and then fed them radioactive cereal. At the
University of Rochester, radioactive substances (including plutonium,
uranium, and polonium) were injected into unsuspecting hospital
patients. The uranium experiment was designed to determine the minimum
dosage at which renal disfunction would occur."

http://www.monthlyreview.org/300zaidi.htm

"John S. Denker" wrote:

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

http://tis.eh.doe.gov/ohre/roadmap/histories/0461/0461toc.html