Re: Test Writing

At 11:04 -0500 4/30/02, Tina Fanetti wrote:

She who rock boat look for nother job.
Have been told to stop challenging students.
Between rock and hard place.

It looks like you are indeed between a rock and a hard place, Tina.
Needing a job is one thing, but working in an educational institution
where you are under explicit instructions to not challenge the
students doesn't seem like much of a job. It seems like this
institution has been caving in to the cry-babies for so long that
they have forgotten that their function is anything other than giving
the cry-babies the candy they want in order to get them to stop
crying. If this is truly the case, I don't see much job satisfaction
in the future for you as long as you stay there.

I'd guess that it's high time to notch the job search up a few
clicks. Take advantage of the job search at
<http://www.psrc-online.org/jobs/>. Network at meetings of the local
AAPT section. If you are not at least a member of the section, join
up now. Most section dues are $10 or less, so it is not expensive,
and you don't have o be a member of the AAPT to join one of its
sections. To find which section is closest to you, go to
<http://www.aapt.org> and click on the "sections" link.

Do you have a secondary teaching credential? I suspect that you could
find some more satisfying jobs in high schools, and they might even
pay some more. It is common knowledge that community college salaries
in NC are less than those in many school districts. Don't know about
other states. Of course private schools don't always require a
credential, but then they usually pay some less, too.

Good luck,

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell