Re: Flat conductors (was I need help).

Hello JohnD:

Thanks for the hints and for a promise to explain things if
necessary. Yes, it is necessary. You wrote:

Specifically, a disturbance in the charge pattern with
wavelength lambda will die out exponentially with a
time constant tau, where
tau = (eps0 lambda^2) / (k L)
where 1/k is the resistivity of the paper

I considered a disturbance of the form
psi(t, x) = exp(-t/tau) sin(2pi x/lambda)
verified that it satisfied the equation of motion,
(not too near the boundaries) and solved for tau
as a function of lambda.

1) I still need help. I know how to implement what JohnM
suggested but I do not know how to implement the above
formula. Is the above formula related to what JohnM was
suggesting? Please elaborate, if possible.

2) Last year, while arguing with Leigh Palmer, you were
saying that it is possible to use the relaxation method do
calculate densities of space charges at various locations.
Can you explain this for those of us who never calculated
distributions of space charges and whose theoretical
physics background is very limited. I am sure that I am
not the only one who has benefited from your tutoring.
Ludwik Kowalski