Physics for Electricians

hi
I am teaching a semester long general physics class to electricians. Obviously I don't need to teach them about circuits. :)

What I thought I would do was try to focus on more relevant aspects. My thoughts for a course outline would be as follows

1. Vibrations, waves, sound and music.
2. Light, optics, optical instruments, diffraction and that stuff.
3. Energy
Then I thought I could go one of 2 ways.

I could either go onto to teach thermal physics or onto theories of the atom and modern physics.

I am inclined to teach thermal though because there may be a few ac/heating guys in this class. Also it is more likely that the students will work with ac, cars and such before they work with quarks.

I think that is plenty for a 16 week semester.
I just wanted some other thoughts (practical)

Thanks
Tina Fanetti

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429