Re: Colors

At 14:48 -0600 01/03/2002, RAUBER, JOEL wrote:

I suspect that this is an unanswerable question, as its impossible (with
current technology) to get inside someone elses head. Its a bit like trying
to imagine what the world perception of my cat is like.

I'm not so sure its unanswerable. If a group of people (whose eyes
have been measured to be equally sensitive to colors--I am not quite
sure how this would be done) are shown the same pattern of lights and
at the same time the eeg response of their brains is measured, and if
all the eegs look alike under the influence of the light stimuli,
then one could infer that they are experiencing the same thing. If
the eegs vary when they are shown different stimuli, that would be
corroboration that the experience is quite likely the same.

I am open to counterarguments to this.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell