Re: electric charge and mass

I totally agree that a characteristic such as "blue"
is not a substance. Although blue is associated
with matter it does not have the characteristics of
matter. For example, blue does not have inertial or
gravitational mass and it fails to occupy any space.

However constituents of matter, such as electrons and protons,
do occupy space and do have a small, but measurable, mass.

A strream of water consists of a moving mass of water particles.
Similarly a stream of elctrons, protons, or other charged particles
is also a body with mass will also consist of mass,

Herb

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:07:16 -0500 Larry Cartwright