Re: pseudowork

> Suppose I bring 10 kg of trinitrotoluene into the aforementioned
> Control Volume. Does that act represent 42 megajoules of work?
> Certainly it has the ability raise a weight sky-high... but most
> people would not call this act "work". Using the word "work" in
> such idiosyncratic ways would lead to needless misunderstandings.

So that says what it isn't.
The purpose of this note is to make a more positive statement,
to say something about what it _is_.

Your difficulty may just be that you have this weird idea about energy as a
substance and that it can be "transferred." It can't!

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen