Re: Magnetic N and S poles

Brian McInnes wrote:

kowalskil at kowalskil@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU wrote:

When did the transition occur? Which introductory textbook
was the first to use the Lorentz force law (F = q v cross B)

cut

Harnwell's book was one of the MacGraw-Hill International Series of Pure and
Applied Physics. A glance through the books from this series listed on the
frontpiece page is a trip down memory lane.

Brian McInnes

Right! It was my Sr. text. I still refer to it often. (along with J. & W.
and not so often , Goldstein and P. & P.

bc