Re: Magnetic N and S poles

My question was about an introductory physics textbook,
not about a text for seniors or other advanced readers.

When did the transition occur? Which introductory textbook
was the first to use the Lorentz force law: F = q (v cross B)

I suspect that no introductory textbook published before 1945
defined B in terms of Lorentz formula. But I may be wrong.
Ludwik Kowalski

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Brian McInnes wrote:

Harnwell's book was one of the MacGraw-Hill International Series
of Pure and Applied Physics. A glance through the books from this
series listed on the frontpiece page is a trip down memory lane.

Right! It was my Sr. text. I still refer to it often. (along with J. & W.
and not so often , Goldstein and P. & P.