Re: ENERGY WITH Q

Referring to this:

In many textbooks thermal energy, which is really
mechanical energy of randomly agitated molecules
and atoms, is referred to as internal energy. In my
opinion this term is not desirable because "internal"
could easily be misinterpreted as "all energy inside
a system". This would be wrong, some energy inside a
system can be nonthermal. Think about a system
containing compressed springs and rotating wheels.

Jim Green wrote:

Well, Ludwik, there is motion "inside" a usual thermodynamic system which
should be distinguished from the motion which causes pressure. Call it
what you like, but the physics of the linear motion is different from that
of the rotational and vibrational motion even in a very simple system. The
possible presence of pulleys and wheels inside the system are ignored here.

Are you saying that only translational motion of
molecules contributes to Eth? I would not say so.
I think that vibrational motion, when it exists,
does contribute to hight P at highr T. Is it not
true that thermal expansion of solids is a
manifestation of this?
Ludwik Kowalski