Re: ENERGY BEFORE Q

Just one small reply on one point.

This is not different from what one can find in most texts.
Unexpectedly one highly knowledgeable phys_L-er objected.
He wrote:

I stand by my assertion: Defining work in terms of
potential energy [this was NOT my suggestion] would
be a blunder. Defining potential energy [as above] in
terms of work would be an even bigger blunder.

Repeated calls for a clarification were not answered. Why?
I am puzzled. I do not want to go from Model 1 to Model 2
without resolving the above issue. The three lines above
represent the very essence of Model 1. Why were they
labeled as a "big blunder." Please help to resolve this dilemma.

I agree with the first sentence of the knowledgeable phys-Ler, I think
defining work in terms of potential energy is a blunder. The reason being
in anticipation of later introducing non-conservative forces where the
definition won't work.

I'm too am still curious as to why defining potential energy in terms of
work is a bigger blunder.

(I don't view the two statements as being reflexive, which might be the
objection, but I don't know.)