Re: The "typical" high school physics teacher

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:

First, I will try to be prepared.
Second, if challenged, I will do the research to see if I might be wrong.
If I am, I admit it. If I am not, I look for ways to make it more clear
the student. Finally, I am in a position where I can attempt to make
sure I
don't send out poorly prepared teachers
**********************
just a small part of a very well constructed reply

Finally someone who obviously cares about the process of education
(whether for future teachers or industry/research) summarizes what many of
us have tried to say, BRAVO!!!!

I suspect all of us have had (a) similar situation(s) both in HS AND
graduate university classes. There are brillant professors-researchers
and teachers who cannot teach and "good actors" professors-researchers and
teachers who are not prepared well for the course they have been asked to
teach AND do not know how to and/or care to get better prepared.

IMHO
Jim ealy
education by demonstration