Re: Third-hand astonishing quote

From the URL shared by Rick Strickert:

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - ... The energy of the crater
is created when a meteor hits the earth, making the
ground up to 10 times more porous, allowing water
to be warmed by the earth's heat.

Most of us would probably say "the geothermal energy
can be used because the ground is up to 10 times more
porous, allowing a lot of hot water to be extracted."

I wish them success. But my prediction, based on many
exciting news of that kind (about ten years ago), is that
the project will be found "too expensive to be practical".
What percentage of people, even in Florida or South
California , use solar hot water for washing and
showering? Why is the percentage so small?
Ludwik Kowalski