Re: HTML Mail for PHYS-L: Pros/Cons

Doug Craigen wrote:

It occured to me that there might be people here who mistakenly believe
they cannot receive HTML mail because the HTML messages sent to PHYS-L
get mangled. If this has been anyone's basis for rejecting HTML mail
then please understand that we all see these messages as mangled. Get
somebody to send to send you some HTML mail directly as a test of how
your mailer handles it. Ask me (off the list) if you can't think of
someone else.

What was I thinking??? This has potential to generate a lot of work.

If you want to test whether you can receive HTML mail, rather than
writing to me go to <http://www.dctech.com/cgi/htmltest.cgi>. I've just
created this script specifically for this purpose. The tests I did with
it worked fine.
This script also does one other thing for you: since I alluded to the
fact that your browser tells the website where you came from, I've made
that information show up on this page. If you click on it from your
mailbox you will see if you are giving away information that you'd
rather not when following links from your email.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html