Air Track Ultrasonic

In trying to do a displacement measurement of a sled on an air track
with a CBL using an ultrasonic motion detector, I find that I get some
rather erratic readings that end up giving a very poor velocity vs time
graph.

I am told that the air track produces ultrasonic sounds that confuse the
motion detector. Has anyone found a way around this problem if in fact
this is what is throwing the data off? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Dave Abineri

--
David Abineri dabineri@choice.net