looking for elementary textbooks on energy

Next spring I'll be teaching, for the first time, a course for
non-science majors on energy. I'd be interested in suggestions
for textbooks and other reading materials to use in the course.
I know there were lots of books on energy and society written
during the "energy crisis" in the 70's, but I'd like to offer
my students something that was written after they were born,
and besides, most of those books are now out of print. Any and
all suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Dan Schroeder
dschroeder@cc.weber.edu