Subject: Re: cosmology and quantum gravity
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:48:25 -0500
From: Jack Uretsky <jlu@HEP.ANL.GOV>

In the
usual metric, the gravitational effects get larger and larger as we
approach the black hole until they blow up at the horizon, where there is
a coordinate singularity.

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:18:42 -0500
From: Joel Rauber <Joel_Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU>

I must reiterate, there are no physical effects that blow up at the
event horizon of a Schwarzchild black hole, at least in the usual physics
sense of the words "blow up", which I interpret as loose language for
diverging to infinity.