chaos text

I just finished reading James Gleick's excellent book
_Chaos_. I would like to read a more mathematical
treatment of the same subject, but something that is
still accessible. I have taken only one course in
differential equations and three semesters of college
physics.

In a related question, what is the best way to go
about studying non-linear systems? I am a psychology
and linguistics double major with a math and physics
double minor. I want to bring the rigor and
analytical thinking of the latter two fields to bear
on the first two. I think there is a lot of room for
advancement in this area, but it's come to my
attention lately that a lot of the phenomena I'll be
dealing with are nonlinear. I don't have the time in
my schedule to give the math and physics the full
study it's due, so I need to be efficient with my
course work and outside reading.

Any recommendations for the above two inquiries would
be greatly appreciated. Apologies if any of this is
off-topic. I understand that this list is not meant
to be an advice board.

Thank you,
Zach Wolff