Ctiteria ofr Lab Selection to computerize

I am attempting to change next year to a more computerized lab from the old
style manual lab at my school. I am trying to find some criteria for
selection of which labs to computerize. It is true that some things are done
better, but not everything, on the computer. Some things are perhaps better
in simulation than trying in a simple high school lab to duplicate. Students
tell me that in some science courses at the school the computer did the work,
and they did not learn the principle behind the lab.I am trying to avoid
just doing the labs that the salesmen find easiest to sell. Can anyone throw
a little light in this area? Stan Chiocchio, Newman School