Re: A true story ? (fwd)

"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind,"

The above quote probably WAS what nasa intended for N. Armstrong to
say when he first stepped onto the lunar surface. But if you actually
listen to the tape (at the Smithsonian and probably somewhere on the
web) you will hear that the article 'a' was not audible.

This story is totally false...but funny.
You can find the following at various places around the internet.

Re: The Mr. Gorsky Joke

I have to tell you that the "Mr. Gorsky" story is actually
not true at all. The story is completely ephemeral, made up by comedian
Buddy Hackett as part of his stand-up routine.

Woody Smith NASA HQ WWW Curator: Following quote from the
Apollo Lunar Surface Journal:
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a11/ "One small step":
During
November 1995, a clever (and rather risqué) story was widely
circulated on the Internet concerning a statement Neil is supposed to have
made during the Apollo 11 EVA. At the
suggestion of several readers, let me state that Neil never
said "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky" at any time during the mission. Indeed, on
November 28, 1995, Neil wrote, "I understand that the
joke is a year old. I first heard it in California delivered
by (comedian) Buddy Hackett."

--Information provided by Jerry Stone, jstone@uk.mdis.com

britton@academic.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936