Re: A rotating Earth?

The size of the universe was not a factor in the geocentric models,
except of course that any change from perfect circular motion (in the
most general sense) had to occur inside the lunar orbit.
One arguement against the earth's rotation was that if the earth were
rotating, then a stone dropped would appear to fly off horizontally as
the earth rotated below it. That was not observed, hence the earth must
not be rotating.
This arguement places new significance on the thinking that led to what
we not call Newton's first law...things move at constant velocity unless
they don't.

cheers