statistical inference

If this was meant as a comment on the average intelligence of cheerleaders,
I find it offensive and grossly inaccurate. At the high school I attended
and in at least three of the schools I've taught in, a large fraction of
the brightest and most academically focused girls were cheerleaders.

...and did that inform your opinion of the average itelligence of
cheerleaders in the three schools in which you taught? Reexamine
your statement and decide whether it constitutes evidence for the
position you take. I maintain that it does not.

It is one thing to protest against injustices attributable to
blind prejudice; I'm sure I'm with you on that one. It is quite
another to attack someone for making an observation identical to
the one you made yourself! Please reread what Brian said:

She mentioned when I asked, that she was no longer at high school, but
as valedictorian she had received a scholarship clear through college
at Stillwater (upstate). I had no idea the rewards were so appreciable!
She was doing biology, with the intention of going on to medical
school, and was home for Christmas.
She had been a cheerleader in highschool, it transpired.
One can only marvel.

Leigh