Re: A weighty subject

Let me define two quantities
g(1) = GM/R^2 = gravitational field strength
g(2) = dv/dt = acceleration of falling object in lab frame

These differ by up to about 0.03 m/s^2, depending on latitude, so
g(1) = g(2) + v^2/R

Let's make this physical. Redefine your terms as vector quantities,
including the explicit latitude dependence for, say, a spherically
symmetric Earth. After you go to that trouble I will point out that
there ain't no such thing as an "official" value of g corresponding
to physical reality. It is a quantity which varies with position on
the Earth.

Then anyone who wants to vote on a matter of physical reality may
do so. This particular travesty on democracy, deciding matters of
fact by opinion polls, is something I find particularly offensive
in contemporary culture, so I won't participate. I'll be laughing
too hard (and crying, too) to do so.

Leigh