Re: "first form an hypothesis..."

At 11:05 AM -0400 9/24/99, Michael Edmiston wrote:

For example, she wanted to learn how amplifiers work and
then try to build an amplifier for her guitar. That type of project is
absolutely not allowed in our local science fair. I even suggested
that she might form the hypothesis: "I predict that I can make a guitar
amplifier using transistors and other electronics parts." But the
teacher said, "No way."

come on now. Isn't learning to 'work with the system' an important
thing for any researcher who MIGHT consider a government, university
or industry job??????

Hypothesis:

The amplifier of this design will provide linear amplification up to
a limit determined by the power supply voltage. i.e. a 12 volt
amplifier can get 'louder' than the same amp at only 6 volts.

true or false?

I have no trouble with kids building kits if they can convince me of
some 'academic merit'.

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936