Re: "first form an hypothesis..."

Chuck Britton says: "Isn't learning to 'work with the system' an
important
thing for any researcher who MIGHT consider a government, university
or industry job??????"

You're exactly right. And I'm nonconformist enough to fight that.
Probably she is smarter than that, but I sure would hate to have my
daughter learn that the biggest problem in science is learning how to
jump through the hoops. Of course, maybe I just spoke the truth. In
which case I guess I would like Jessica to believe in Santa Claus a
little longer.

But I do not disagree with your general statement... regardless of our
vocations, everyone has to learn to "play" their particular game.

Bluffton College
280 West College Avenue
Bluffton, OH 45817