Re: mars and venus

Recent papers indicate that MUCH of the solar system has 'wandered'
far afield from the original arrangement. Collisions are not ruled
out, especially for Venus and Uranus.

Are the asteroids just 'leftover' material that never coagulated or
it debris from a 'broken' planet?

WARNING - NEVER mention the name 'Velikovsky' in the context of
'serious' astronomy or BillB will find ANOTHER area of 'suppressed'
science to espouse! ;-) (go for it Bill!)