mars and venus

I have a question, probably simplistic, but I figured the guys on this list
would likely be able to give me an accurate, if not concise ;-), answer.

My husband and I were having a conversation this morning in which was
mentioned the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus." and I glibly
remarked," Dr. Grey likely said women are from Venus, not just because of
the obvious, but because Venus is the only planet that rotates backwards."

Then my husband asked me "Why does it do that?"

uh-oh.
i dunno.

Why does Venus rotate backwards?

Dr. Lois Breur Krause
Department of Geological Sciences
442 Brackett Hall
Clemson University
Clemson SC 29634

teaching chemistry, physics, astronomy and geology to elementary education
majors.

How We Learn and Why We Don't: Student Survival Guide,
available from International Thompson Publishing, ISBN 0324-011970

http://home.earthlink.net/~breurkrause

krause@clemson.edu