Re: Heat & Energy

At 14:12 9/8/99 +0800, you wrote:
hello there. we're currently working on a revised curriculum for the 21st
century from grades 1 to 9. one of our main themes is on energy.

would it be correct to say that heat is a form of energy ? if this is
incorrect, how may this be corrected ?

thanks in advance.

alvin c. flores

Alvin may have noticed the continual low level debate on the
appropriate way to discuss the various conversions of power,
especially where heating is involved.

I expect it is acceptable to note that the availability
of a heat source and sink at reasonably different temperatures
permits the construction of the external combustion engine -
the engine of the Industrial Revolution, and next the internal
combustion engine, which revolutionized transport, first by land
then by air. These engines provide a notably portable energy source.

People hasten to add that this is a sort of conversion of potential
energy of energetic chemical bonds into mechanical energy.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK