Re: weight of a bird in a cage

At 21:01 07-09-99 -0500, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
Mark Sylvester wrote:
Brian points out that Ludwik screwed up his question (and I didn't read it
carefully enough), but I really would like to know what Jim meant. Maybe
I'll just catch some flies and weigh them.

...deletions...

Here is Jim's original message and my question. Where did I screwed up?

Are you saying that the net weight of the "box with the
fly inside" remained nearly constant (+ or - the weight
of 0.1 mg) no matter what the fly was doing?

My understanding is that Brian was assuming the 0.1 mg to be the mass of the
fly, so to say that the mass remained constant + or - the mass of the fly is
not very helpful. But maybe you had made a different assumption about the
0.1 mg.

Mark

Mark Sylvester
United World College of the Adriatic