Re: Accuracy / precision / resolution / etc.

a) the mass of the sun is known to about one percent.
b) Newton's gravitational constant is known to a little better than a
tenth of a percent.
c) The product of these two quantities is known to about one part in ten
to the eighth. There's no way you could have known that from the numbers
themselves. You have to understand the physics.

I guess I don't understand the physics here. It seems to me that,
by my physics, the mass of the Sun and the gravitational constant
must be known to the *same* relative uncertainty.

Please explain.

Leigh