Re: 'heat'

For those who are interested in this issue, I recommend the well-written
diatribe in Atmospheric Thermodynamics by Bohren and Albrecht (which
anyone interested in thermo should read anyway). In the end, even
after reading their arguments (and loving the rest of the book), I
have to personally disagree: I still feel that "heat" as a noun
is an extremely useful term, when used carefully, of course.

Dan