Re: wave momentum

James McLean responding to:

... The crucial difference is that dB/dt vector (which is proportional
to E) is perpendicular to B while for the rope wave the dx/dt vector
(v of particles) is in the same plane as their displacements, x. ...

wrote:

True for circularly polarized E&M waves, but not linearly polarized.

The vectors of E and B are mutually perpendicular, even when the E&M
wave is linearly polarized.

Ludwik Kowalski
P.S.
I find this thread interesting. The fact that it was already discussed here

before does not matter. We are learning and relearning from each other.
Nobody has a perfect memory. And the context is slightly different.
And many people were often too busy to penetrate nuances of some
messages. And we have new subscribers. And ....physics is fun.