Re: First Law (now perpetual motion)

Chuck Britton suggested a perpetual motion machine by gravity shielding
one half of a Ferris wheel to make it lighter than the other half.

Someone has already suggested a perpetual motion machine
(which doesn't work) using readily available magnetic shielding.
To do this, just connect a wire from wingtip to wingtip of a
transcontental
airplane. Then , using magnetic shelding, cover the return wire that
runs back to the cockpit. As the plane flies horizontally, the wire
cuts magnetic lines of force which are essential vertical across
most of the USA. This will induce a potential difference which can
be used to run the airplanes electrical instrumentation... or even
run electric motors which propel the airplane in place of jet engines.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where I once constructed a small wagon with rear wheels
larger than the front wheels so the wagon was always
going downhill) It didn't work either.

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:36:37 -0500 Chuck Britton <britton@ODIE.NCSSM.EDU>