Re: First Law (now perpetual motion)

At 21:47 1/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
... connect a wire from wingtip to wingtip of a transcontental
airplane. Then, using magnetic shelding, cover the return wire that
runs back to the cockpit. As the plane flies horizontally, the wire
cuts magnetic lines of force...

Herb Gottlieb

This is reminiscent of Faraday's attempt to measure a current flowing
transverse to the River Thames from wires dipped into each side of that
river.

Then there was Einstein's electrohydrodynamic fridge pump.
I can't recall if he used a DC arrangement with electrodes in the fluid.
I fancy it was an AC induction arrangement?
Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK