Videocameras for image acquisition/digitized video analysis

Hi:

This has been asked before, but not in the last 2 months since the
online archives at http://mailgate.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html
became active.

Our dept intends to buy 2 videocameras for digitized video analysis. We
want cameras with adjustable (controllable by the user) shutter speeds,
which seem very rare these days. Can anyone recommend such a videocamera?
Ideally, full sized VHS format. I'd like manufacturer and model name, together
with any comments on suppliers you care to make.

Respond directly to me, and I will post a summary of the responses to the web
in 10 days.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac PHYS-L list owner