Re: what's the problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU]On Behalf Of Mark Sylvester

At 13:30 15/12/98 -0500, John Gastineau wrote:
I think the new listserv is stripping off an important header from
MIME-encoded messages. It's not just the digests that are affected; the
individual messages are also mangled, to use Ludwik's term.

Ludwik's term is *butchered*, not mangled.

True.

I have not noticed any increase in butchering.

Not my experience. When the list moved to Arizona, I noticed that mime messages were not processed properly, but since they were still readable, it isn't a big deal. When I sent that mime test to the list and to Dan, I also sent it to myself via another email account that does nothing but reflect mail back to me. It arrived intact through that route, but had its mime attributes stripped by the phys-l reflector. It seems likely that the listserv is the culprit.

JEG