Re: Pieces of string too small to use. . .

Sr. Margaret Clarke wrote:
The windows of our 110-year old house are being replaced, and I
have in true nunnish tradition, glommed onto 15 antique sash weights. If
you were me, to what pedagogical use could you put these 1.5 inch
diameter, foot-long hunks of iron?

How about explaining what they are and how they work. So many people, even
if they use windows with sash weights, have no idea where that rope goes or
what's behind the woodwork. Here you have proof that Atwood's machine
isn't just some bizzare teaching tool.

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu