Re: law of conservation

Hi all-
to mr. logan and mr. merlin
well your arguments regarding conservation laws were exciting. if energy
is not conserved in the universe
then where does the lost energy go to? . . .

Pardon my butting in, but this again emphasizes how we have mistaught the
energy concept. The question supposes that energy is a thing, a
substantive entity. You might as well ask: "where does the velocity of a
car go when it stops?"

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (ret)
trebor@velocity.net
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor
****************************
Or, where does the light go when it goes out.
Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography