Re: a "cold fusion" experiment for the brave

At 00:02 7/3/98 -0700, you wrote:

Here's a recent message about a claimed "cold fusion" (Low Energy Nuclear
Reaction) phenomenon, said to lack the usual replication problems, as well
as having significant excess energy output. Even "garage experimenters"
could do this one.

http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/weird/anode.txt

William J. Beaty

Bill,
as a CF experimenter in 'good' standing ( I talked to Fleishman about an
electrochemistry issue before he became in/famous, I attended the 2nd AP
meeting at LA and I tried a garage replication of CF - unsuccessfully as
it happens) I'd better at least warn other garage experimentalists about
a pitfall into which the suggested setup is inviting them to fall.

Don't expect to get good calorimetric energy balances by computing
electrical power input using an AC source, a bridge rectifier, and a
digital voltmeter. The error could be as high as 1.4/1.0
Oh! isn't that the over unity gain figure some folks are getting from
the suggested setup? What a coincidence!

Brian Whatcott